What dental procedures can I use my Medisave savings for?
Dental treatments are generally not claimable under the MediSave scheme unless the treatment involves surgery and is performed due to medical reasons. Procedures that are Medisave claimable include:
- Surgical placement of dental implants
- Wisdom tooth surgery
- Surgical removal of retained roots or fractured teeth
- Gum surgery such as frenectomy
Please note that non-surgical dental treatments such as extractions, crowning, dentures or braces are not MediSave-claimable.
How do I make a Medisave claim for my eligible dental treatment procedures?
- At the time of appointment booking, please inform our clinic staff you wish to use MediSave to pay for your treatment and they will able to advise you if the procedure is Medisave claimable.
- On the day of the appointment, please bring along your NRIC/Passport for verification purposes. If you are paying for your approved dependant, please also produce his/her NRIC/Passport. Approved dependants refer to spouse, children, parents, grandparents and siblings. They can be of any nationality except for grandparents and siblings who must be Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- You will be requested to provide verification of sufficient MediSave savings for payment of the outpatient treatment. You can obtain this information by logging in to my cpf Online Services – My Statement, with your SingPass.
- You and the patient (if applicable) will then need to sign a Medical Claims Authorisation Form to allow the clinic to use your MediSave to pay the outpatient treatment bill.
- After verification and treatment completion, we will then proceed with the claim submission. You should receive a Medisave Claims Statement from CPF Board once the deduction has been processed.